To develop and validate the platform different usecases is implemented that requires differnet support from TEFIS as well as differnet resources from different testbeds.
For the first phase of the project three different use-cases is implemented:
1. The e-travel use case – a large scale SOA application for a huge travel eCommerce platform accessible both from websites and Web Services.
2. The second use case is an e-health application related to the Distributed Patient Medical Record (PMR) which manages medical information exchange between patient, medical staff (doctor, nurse, etc) and pharmacy.
3. The Mobile Media experiment – a mobile application over IMS for content sharing
Extension and evolution of TEFIS functionalities will occur in a demand- and user-driven way. The technological stack and variety of incorporated testbeds will be improved based on the requirements from the new experimentations engaged via the Open Call process.
From the Open call four experiments have been accepted:
1. QUEENS: Dynamic Quality User Experience ENabling Mobile Multimedia Services
2. Quagga: Experimenting with an Open API for Quagga and Cross-layer Coordinated Networks
3. Smart Ski resort
4. TEFPOL: AugmenTed rEality collaborative workspace using Future Internet videoconferencing Platform fOr remote education and Learning)